“My wife and I have made our home in Southern Marin for last 52 years. We knew it was time to move from our larger property with its maintenance responsibilities and multiple floors to a smaller, more manageable location.
Now in our mid 70’s we had looked for almost five years for the right senior community to join. After inspecting many properties from Palo Alto to Santa Rosa we focused our search on Smith Ranch Homes as the place for us. We are pleased to say we recently closed on our choice of property there. Smith Ranch offers everything we had been looking for. Many options of different dwellings, a beautiful well maintained 32-acre campus, terrific amenities, security and much more.
One can tell how a place is properly managed by engaging the staff that actually runs the day-to-day operations. Over the past few months we have met personnel from housekeeping, security, maintenance, valet and yes management. In every case we found all the employees to be well trained, courteous, respectful and responsive to our needs as new members of the community.
We absolutely know Smith Ranch Homes was the right choice to spend this next phase of our lives.”
Smith Ranch Homes is a truly unique community. While there are some parallels to a general brokerage property, selling a retirement community is a much more involved process.
Angela M. Hinckley, Broker
I have over 40 years in real estate, 30 years selling homes at Smith Ranch Homes. During these years I have acquired extensive legal and technical knowledge of the brokerage process and work diligently in maintaining this expertise through continuing education. My primary focus in real estate has been in project sales where I have consistently represented the interest of the seller and achieved prices consistent with the market. I have accomplished all sales goals with full and complete disclosure to the buyer keeping in mind the needs and abilities of a buyer to perform. My prior background includes office administration, interior design, and the renovation and building of homes.
Connie L. Kirwin, Broker
I have over 30 years experience in real estate – the last 28 years have been at Smith Ranch Homes. I gained a broad background in project sales and residential brokerage in Tiburon prior to Smith Ranch. Before beginning my real estate career, I was with the firm of Coopers & Lybrand (CPA firm in San Francisco/Currently merged with Price Waterhouse) for 5 years, specializing in real estate taxation. As a CPA, I left Coopers & Lybrand to be a controller and tax consultant to small businesses in Marin County.
In our litigious society, it is in your best interest to be confident that your listing and selling agent is capable and able to make full disclosures.
Our combined experience and complementary talents plus a database of over 9,000+ seasoned clients make Smith Ranch Marketing Associates the only real estate brokerage office capable of providing the in-depth knowledge necessary to represent your Listing including all the legal intercedes involved. We work with you through the entire process enabling you to receive the highest price possible in the shortest time.
There are a lot of good agents in general brokerage.
There are only 2 brokers who specialize at Smith Ranch Homes.
- Review market conditions:
a. Discuss Comparable Sales
b. Sign Listing Agreement and Property Disclosure forms
- Mini Staging of the property initiated by a meeting in the property to identify:
a. What furnishings should stay and the removal of unnecessary belongings
b. Carpet replacement or cleaning
c. Painting the property including color selection
d. Estimates will be provided prior to contracting for major expenses
e. Provide accessories throughout and linens to the bath and to ensure the property is appealing and attractive to a buyer’s eye
Smith Ranch Marketing requests an allowance of $500.00 for the cost of accessorizing the property as may be necessary. Seller to pay only for costs incurred.
- Coordination of the Home Inspection and assistance with obtaining estimates for repairs to the property: a. Home Inspection- $400: Please provide a check payable to: Bay Area Home Inspections at the time the property goes on the market. b. City of San Rafael – $255 c. Statutory Natural Hazard Disclosure Statement – $85
- Assist seller in negotiating all offers and to facilitate a successful sale and close of escrow.
- Preview all Closing Documents for accuracy.
- Accompany you to the Title Company at time of closing.
Our onsite presence and years invested specializing at Smith Ranch Homes enables Smith Ranch Marketing Associates to anticipate the needs of a unique clientele, thereby providing a service that no other brokerage office can duplicate!
Smith Ranch Homes is a truly unique community. While there are many parallels to a general brokerage property, selling properties at Smith Ranch involves a different strategy. Positioned as the Listing and Selling office on-site, there are many extra services we are able to provide to the Seller thereby reducing efforts required by the Seller.
- An initial Smith Ranch introduction to clients consists of a one-hour presentation followed by a tour of Smith Ranch and the available properties. Clients are then treated to a lunch in the Grille Room.
- Clients are introduced to homeowners with similar interests. They are wined and dined in the Club Room, Grille Room and/or in the homes of Smith Ranch residents.
- Prospective buyers are treated to an overnight stay in a Smith Ranch guest suite. This allows them to experience first hand the lifestyle available and is often times a pivotal event in their decision-making process.
- We have developed and maintain a database of 9,000+ prospective buyers. These contacts represent hours of invested time spent educating, selling and preparing each client for a decision to make a significant life style change. This is a storehouse of seasoned clients that no other office can duplicate.